How to notarize if living outside of the United States?

If you are a citizen of the United States, but live overseas, we strongly suggest using an online notary to get your Form 1583 notarized. As long as you have a reliable internet connection and the proper required forms of id you should be able to get approved.

Otherwise, depending where you live, you may have difficulty finding a notary. Banks and embassies normally provide notary service. Both U.S. and non-U.S. notary seals are accepted. If finding a notary proves impossible, you can go through a lawyer or bank official who can sign or stamp an official seal on the form. Government seals are also acceptable.

If you are NOT a citizen of the United States, unfortunately we will not be able to accept your mailbox application at this time.